Pearl Scan is a UK based scanning company specializing in: Microfiche Scanning, Microfilm Scanning, Aperture Card Scanning, X-Ray Scanning, Negative Scanning, Photography Scanning and Slide Scanning.
Our microfilm scanning bureau provides scanning services throughout Manchester, London, Liverpool, Leeds, Cardiff, Bristol, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Hull and the rest of the UK. We provide scanning services throughout the whole of England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and the rest of Europe with fast & flexible collection services.
- Pearl Scan Solutions have the capacity to process millions of images per month.
- We are a scanning company with more than 10 years' of experience in the UK.
- Our scanning process is completed under strict supervision and we use the latest in image processing technology to guarantee the best results.
- Over time we have acquired the necessary ISO certifications that guarantees the quality of our work.
- You can see a small number of well-known clients who have trusted Pearl Scan with their scanning projects above.
Microfiche scanning and Microfilm scanning are a vital process for businesses, organisations and individuals alike. Film media including microfiche and microfilm, as well as more well-known media including film negatives are now increasingly more difficult to access and view in the digital age.
At Pearl Scan Solutions, we pride ourselves in offering high quality microfilm and microfiche scanning services. With the microfiche and microfilm scanning process, all of these documents are converted into digital files which can be stored on CDs, DVDs, on your local network or even securely online for easy access from any location. We can convert a variety of microfiche including 16 mm Microfiche, 35 mm Microfiche, COM Microfiche (Computer Output Microfiche) and COMBI (Combined) Microfiche. We can also convert microfilm from reels/rolls/spools and cartridges/cassettes.
Advantages of Microfiche Scanning and Microfilm Scanning
Storing documents away on microfiche or microfilm is now an outdated method of data archiving. These films can easily be lost or damaged and finding one file from a film or fiche slide is not an easy task. There are plenty of advantages to microfilm and microfiche conversion but here are a list of some of the main ones:
- Save on costs and time spent on recovering and storing files.
- No more time wasted searching through film reels and microfiche slides to find one particular file.
- Documents and records can be kept safe and backed up electronically often in lots of different locations.
- Access any filmed document instantly without leaving your desk.
- Create more office space by removing any boxes of film reels and drawers of microfiche slides.
- Historic public records could even be uploaded online for the public to view which saves time on retrieving records at the office and helps to increase the outreach of the records to those who wouldn't usually have been able to view them.
If you have microfilm, your first thought when you went searching for a solution to gain access to the contents of your film was probably to get a machine or a reader on which to view them; however, it is not the best choice when it comes to convenience and flexibility, not to mention cost.
The price of a microfiche or microfilm reader or microfilm printer often far outweighs its actual usage due to the time spent using it. When you outsource the microfilm and microfiche scanning services for scanning and conversion, you receive a CD, DVD or Flash drive with all documents available in PDF, Word, TIFF, JPEG or any other digital file type that you prefer. Once the images are scanned, the quality will be as high as the originals with all specific document details captured. These images are usually scanned in greyscale mode and in high resolution depending on the quality needed. 35mm microfiche and microfilm often contain large format drawings or newspapers but output would be to the same size as when they were originally transferred onto the film itself so there will be no loss in quality or size.
Once the files are indexed and organised electronically it is easier to locate any specific document you are looking for. On top of this, digital files are more flexible than ever and you will be able to print from them, copy them, email them to colleagues and even edit them.
Microfilm and microfiche conversion is a much better choice than buying or even renting a microfiche or microfilm reader. It's better value, gives lasting results and saves time and space.
We have a range of articles related to microfilm scanning on our blog available for you to read.
How the Microfiche Scanning process works
- The microfilm and microfiche conversion process is quite straight forward and our turnaround times are as little as 24 hours especially if there is an urgent requirement to have these files scanned and converted quickly.
- The first step is to collect any microfilms or microfiche directly from your office and bring them back to our main scanning bureau in Manchester to start the scanning and conversion process.
- Firstly the microfilm is scanned in using our top end microfilm/microfiche scanners so the electronic documents can retain their original quality.
- Once we have scanned the images from the films, we then index the files for each film exactly how you require, whether it is one file per microfilm/fiche, per reference group or per site. They are later put onto a CD which will contain all of the archived files in an easy to navigate, fully indexed format.
- Once the microfilms or microfiche are converted you will have the peace of mind knowing that the digitised documents are safely backed up. They can also be copied multiple times and hosted online if necessary which offers greater accessibility especially if you have to access them away from the office. These digitised files can then be accessed on-screen instantly, on a local network or hard drive for great convenience. This is why microfiche and microfilm conversion has become necessary for so many organisations.
- Microfilm and Microfiche Conversion = Easy Access!
- Pearl Scan also offer document management systems, document hosting and electronic retrieval software to allow greater access to these files securely online which means they can be accessed anywhere, on or off-site.
- We can produce a system which integrates seamlessly with your current office processes or even integrate with any current software packages you may be using.
- The convenience and costs saved involved in implementing a document retrieval and document management system is a guaranteed return on investment and offers a much more professional organisation of the data in your office.
If you would like to read some of our articles related to microfiche scanning, visit our blog.
Aside from microfiche and microfilm scanning , we can also scan slides, negatives, aperture cards and old photos. We have been providing these services for the last decade, updating our scanning equipment on a yearly basis. With our ISO 9001:2000 accreditation we ensure that all of your data is kept confidential, safe and secure and that all of our conversion projects are completed to the very best quality.
Pearl Scan can also help your company with the following;
- Document Scanning
- Book Scanning
- Survey Scanning
- Scan business cards
- Scan negatives
- Scan slides
- Scan photos
- Scan incoming mail
- Document Storage
- Paper Shredding
Visit our main site to see all our document scanning and management solutions.
We also offer data capture, data entry, data transcription, document storage, secure shredding, document management software, cloud storage and many other document management services. We utilise the latest scanning and imaging technology in document scanners, flatbed scanners, film scanners, book scanners and automatic data capture software.
Find out how Pearl Scan can help your company with microfilm scanning, microfiche scanning, aperture card scanning, X-Ray scanning, photo scanning, negative scanning and slide scanning. Read more about the UK's leading microfiche and microfilm scanning company.
Scan Microfiche in Manchester, London and rest of the UK.